Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hi, I'm Aqueh... and I'm an Addict

(Addicted to Rain, that is... Kekeke)

I was reading through entries in my prayer journal of a year ago and I had a very pleasant realization: WOW, I'VE BEEN HAPPY FOR A YEAR NOW! And as weird as it may seem to most, my euphoric state is basically because of this one Korean fellow named Rain.

Why? How? Let me count the ways...

1. He's an angel sent from above... My Sexy Angel Bi...
Feeling depressed at the start of the year and on my birthday in 2007, I was crying in church with an earnest prayer: "Lord, please send me an angel to turn my life around and get me out of this depression." A week after, an officemate lent me her CD of Rain. And lo and behold, there's my "angel" on the CD cover. My answered prayer...


It was my first time to hear him but I fell inlove with his music instantly. Another week after, the same officemate lent me her "Full House" DVD. I finished the 8-disc, 16 episode series in just 3 days. I just love everthing about the series. It made me happy. That, I would say, started my "Rain Addiction". I was hooked. So, the following week I watched his two other series, "Sang Doo" and "A Love to Kill". And from then, there was no turning back...

2. He keeps me smiling from morning till night...
I eat, drink, and breath this guy... Haha... I am so fascinated with him that just one look at his smile makes me smile...
And his beat and his moves keep my endorphines up... His music is perpetually playing in my ears (literally and figuratively)... My ipod is so full of his music (and any other music that has a connection to him). And now with my new ipod video, even his concerts, performances, series, and videos follow me everywhere. I think I'm the only person who actually enjoys the long commute and the endless traffic in the Philippines. Because two hours stuck in traffic is two more hours for me of Rain-listening and viewing. Hehe... Hey, just this morning, 30 minutes in the FX terminal line, I was the only one singing and dancing...

3. He's my "angel" who has brought me so many "angels" this past year...
Because of Rain, I've met so many new friends this past year, not only from the Philippines but from all over Asia and even the U.S. Rain connected us all. But getting to know them more, I've learned that we share a common passion not only for the artist himself but for life in general. (I don't know... It may be Rain's influence on us because that's how he is, living and doing things with so much passion.)

My "angels" have been keeping me smiling as well. From a simple e-mail to say hi or to share updates, to an invite to meet up and bond, to friends "Rain-hunting" for me from Korea to China to Japan, to receiving packages on the mail from all over of Rain items (DVDs, posters, calendars, magazines, etc.)... Thank you to ALL MY ANGELS... You know who you are...

The other day, I emailed my friend Amy in Malaysia that I am celebrating my First Year Anniversary with Rain... Yes, it is indeed worth celebrating for me to have known this guy... Very few people I know could say that they are truly happy in their lives... Maybe I should advice them to pray for an "angel"... And pray for a sexy one while they're at it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.